Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Let's Get Real.

So, some of you may have noticed (or not) that it's been a while since I've posted. So sorry to leave you hanging! As a momma of a toddler, wife to a full-time student working toward medical school, and a new business owner, things tend to get a little CRAZY around here (including me ;) )

Ever since we arrived home from our family vacation (a post on that to come, I PROMISE), I have been telling myself, "I'll get a post up about it tomorrow". And then "tomorrow" comes.... We've been back for about a month now...

Anyone else ever feel this way? You're just so overwhelmed; "Bleh"

Let me just tell you about this month I've had since we've been back. Honestly, I couldn't be more grateful for the way that things have been going. I sometimes feel that life is moving a lightning speed and that I could slow it down just a bit, but I can't remember a time I've been happier. Nixon just turned 2 (ugh, I know, already?...post on that to come too!), great things are happening with Kindred OAK (SO much in store for you all, I cannot wait to share everything happening), and everything just seems to be falling in to place for my husband and his new journey up ahead. As all of this is going on, it can be so easy to get caught-up in day-to-day stuff. I can't help but think about something my dear friend, Katie, mentioned on her blog a while ago (check out here darling blog here)... In her post she said, "Just breathe." This could not be more any more fitting for me right now. As lucky as we are right now, it's still easy to let the stress get to me, and these two words have helped me to re-evaluate when I find myself getting sucked-in. 

We push ourselves to "be the best". Whether it's the being the most organized mom heading-up all of your child's functions, the most fashionable mommy blogger, the most balanced working mom, number one in your college class, or number one at work... where does it end? Sometimes we just need to be okay with where we're at and realize that everything else will fall into place.


This is always such a great reminder for me

I think women, in particular, are so critical of themselves (I would know from experience). Why do we do that? Though I've never in my life have I been more critical of myself than this past year, I have never been more proud of who I am. I am learning to be okay with that, and trying to go a little easier on myself.

Now, after all that babbling... what is my point? My point is- I had to be okay with letting a few things take the backseat this month. The blog being one of them. :) So, I'm sorry. Don't worry, though; I've still got plenty to say, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. 

xoxo
Paige

PS- I'm thinking that last part reflects my guilty addiction to Gossip Girl just a little ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Kindred OAK. Powered by