Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Party Like It's Your Birthday

Yesterday, I turned 25 years young. It went a little something like this.... (just in case you missed the "overgramming" on Instagram ;) )

Because my smartie-pants husband is back in school in hopes to reach medical school, the bug and I had our own little Birthday Breakfast Celebration...
...at Krispy Kreme. We got to see how the doughnuts are made, and then Nixon got to pick out his own doughnut, carefully selecting the chocolate frosting with sprinkles. Great choice. Nix almost never gets to have any food over-loaded in sugar (especially for breakfast), so needless to say, he was in sugar-coma heaven. 

After breakfast, Christian came home from class, and I was on my way to the spa (totally spoiled, I know).
Now, I must tell you, I never take time for anything like this; in fact, I have had a gift card for the spa for about 3 months.... (More on this to come.) It was glorious! I didn't realize how awful all of that stress in your back is until I felt so amazing after! I took time to shower that nasty oil out of my hair and lather myself in carefully selected lotions, hair products, and the best lip scrub of my life (don't worry, I bought some & I'll share about this in another post). 

After feeling relaxed and rejuvenated, I treated myself to a little lunch & shopping at Victoria's Secret. Sorry, no picture on this one ;)

Before I knew it, it was dinner time! Dinner was followed by an unexpected trip to the cupcake shop while waiting for our movie to start (where we gorged ourselves on popcorn, I might add. Pretty sure no woman in their right mind would EVER approve of this day's diet). 

Finally, we ended the evening with Iron Man 3. And since I can never get the hubby to take a serious picture with me (probably because he knows it will show up everywhere on the internet! haha), my picture-documentation went something like this...

...that awkward moment when you're hoping no one walks in because you are taking a "selfie" in the movie theater bathroom mirror! Whatever. It's my birthday. 

At the end of this amazing day, I had a little time to reflect and here is what I came up with...

- Ladies, we cannot do everything on our own! (Even though some days, it seems much easier...) Be sure to surround yourself with positive people that support you and love you. It makes life much more enjoyable.

- Take time to enjoy YOU. Refuel yourself. It's okay to spoil yourself every once in a while and let everyone else around you fend for themselves. This is probably something I struggle with most.

- Last, who cares what number is on that birthday cake! Embrace all of your new wisdom that comes with turning another year older, and use it to make next year even better.

So go on, and PARTY LIKE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY! Take a little "you" time this week! I want to know what you do to celebrate yourself this week (even if it's something as small as an extra cookie- for breakfast!). 

<3 Paige



No comments:

Post a Comment

© Kindred OAK. Powered by